Saturday, August 15, 2009

$13 or Goto Jail - Jail FTW!

Another patron gets into trouble with overdue books. This time it is Shelly Koontz from Jesup Public Library. It would appear that Koontz was making some sort of statement when she chose jail time over a $13 library book. I figure the statement was something along the lines of "I like to make bad choices in life, here is another".

linky

The library stated that arresting somebody over an overdue book is unusual, but there were some extenuating circumstances. I would love to know what those were. I suspect she had used up all her friends on the library staff. Kinda like spitting on a cop and wondering why you get arrested. I know at my library it is very difficult to get arrested. You have to pretty much threaten somebody or go completely nuts... which happens. I would like to take a moment and point out the arresting officer. This was the actual picture they used in the article. Sgt. Boos looks way too happy for this to be an appropriate picture,,, either that or the arrest of Koontz marks a happy day in Jesup. His name seems appropriate in a way, at least from Koontz's perspective.

I also included a police report. I found the part about the derelict cars in the front yard to be,,, interesting,, if only for the mental picture it provided me.

No comments: